Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shiny and Bright

I've been playing a lot with my nails this week, couldn't decide which I liked best so I'll share them all!

I did a half moon manicure by painting the lighter base coat (Essie's "Eternal Optimist" ) waiting for it to dry completely, then using hole reinforcers as guides and painting the darker color (Essie's "Merino Cool"). I've found it works best to remove the stickers when the polish is still tacky to avoid pulling. I topped the whole thing off with what, in my humble opinion is the best thing invented in the nail polish world, Essie's quick dry top coat, "Good to Go". Seriously dries in about 30 seconds, and allows someone impatient like me to benefit from a ding-free DIY manicure.


I love the flash nail trend! I found some cheap glitter in tons of colors at, of all places, the supermarket, mixed in with the Christmas decorations. I've found it works best to do one coat of color, pile on the glitter, tap off excess, wait a few minutes for the polish under to set (a bit longer than normal, because you've just put all that glitter on it!) and then to top with, again, Essie's "Good to Go".  You could also use glitter polish but for me it's a) more expensive and b) I find it's harder to get the full coverage.

Essie "Eternal Optimist" again 

And a bit more of a subtle glitter nail look, that I thought was also fun,
Essie "Ballet Slippers"



1 comment:

  1. I have to say the sparkle with eternal optimist is my favorite. I love looking at nails like this and wish I could wear it myself. The issue is I don't leave me nails alone, so if I get a manicure I have it all picked off a day later. Maybe eventually I'll be mature enough not to pick off polish though?

    And just letting you know I'm Miss Ariel on weddingbee.

    ReplyDelete