Friday, November 23, 2012

My French Thanksgiving

My day in the kitchen yesterday paid off last night! I managed to pull off French Thanksgiving without a hitch. In full disclosure, I'm a vegetarian (yes, in France!) with a newly sparked interest in vegan baking, so I didn't have a turkey or anything to worry about.

I made napkin ring place cards by simply printing out our names landscape and making rings with double sided tape.



I set the table with plenty of pretty stemware, and silver candleholders that were passed down to me from my grandma.

  
 I wore a black and white color block dress with seamed black tights; love the retro feel.

Dress, Forever 21; Belt, vintage

And finally, the food! Style Me Pretty was one of my favorite wedding blogs when I was planning, and I will admit that I still find myself reading it. I was overjoyed to see that they had a Thanksgiving feature, complete with recipes. I tested a few of them out, and added my personal favorites. You can find their ebook with recipes and decor suggestions here.

With champagne, we had pear and goat cheese bruschetta.



Followed by an arugula salad with parmesan and cranberries,


The main course was lentil loaf with vegan gravy (recipe from my all-time favorite vegan blog, ohsheglows.com), brussels sprouts with caramelized onions, and mashed potatoes.


Of course, pumpkin pie for dessert. This is the vegan pecan crust recipe with coconut whipped cream, again from ohsheglows.com.


A certain someone wanted to know why he wasn't invited...

1 comment: